Wilfred Yap: Elect representatives who are genuine

Wilfred Yap

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.

KUCHING, Nov 12: Sarawak United Peoples’ Party (SUPP) Kota Sentosa branch chairman Wilfred Yap hopes Sarawakians would cast their votes wisely in the coming state election to elect a representative who will genuinely serve the public’s interests.

Yap in a statement today said with the declaration of the end of the Emergency in Sarawak, the 12th Sarawak Election (PRN12) will be held soon to elect a new state government.

“My thoughts are premised on the reality that many issues affecting our communities continue to be swept under the carpet and it is hoped that intellectual discourse and debates between candidates on the Sarawak Agenda for the next five years will be the main focus and highest priority in the coming election.

“It is also hoped that the people of Sarawak would vote wisely and only elect representatives who will work for the people and not use their offices to suppress others and enrich themselves and their cronies who do little to fortify accountability in accordance with the rule of law,” he said.

Meanwhile, during a recent ‘turun padang’ visit to Kota Sentosa, Yap, who is also SUPP Public Complaints Bureau chief, received complaints from 7th Mile Old Bazaar residents regarding a fallen tree blocking the road.

Yap (second right, bottom picture), Penghulu Lai Boon Khee (right, bottom picture) and Kapitan Lee Tho Fung (second left, bottom picture) at site of the fallen tree being cleared by MPP workers at 7th Mile Old bazaar recently.

He said the complaint was immediately communicated to the Padawan Municipal Council (MPP) Fast Response Team and the fallen tree was cleared.

“The SUPP Public Complaints Bureau is always ready to lend a helping hand to anyone who comes across or are facing problems of public interest but does not know how to deal with it.

“Anyone requiring assistance can always call the SUPP Public Complaints Bureau at 016-7797688 or 082-246999 or go to SUPP Head Office to request for assistance,” he added. – DayakDaily