Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
By Ashley Sim
KUCHING, July 3: Sarawak will not be affected by Sabah’s proposal relating to Malaysia Agreement 1963 (MA63), says Deputy Minister in the Premier of Sarawak Department (Law, MA63, and State-Federal Relations) Datuk Sharifah Hasidah Sayeed Aman Ghazali.
She told reporters this after representing Premier of Sarawak Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Abang Johari Tun Openg at the launch of Kuching City Cleanliness Month at the Kuching Waterfront here today.
“Sarawak will continue to fight for its rights regardless of the proposal and demand from the neighbouring State.
“What Sabah wants will have no effect on what we have done, and we will continue to fight for our State’s rights.
“And we will also act according to the direction given by our Sarawak Premier,” she explained.
Sharifah Hasidah revealed that certain issues are being discussed and there have been positive progress on some, but discussions cannot be rushed. She added the Sarawak government will continue to focus on fighting for the State’s rights until Sarawak achieves its goals.
When asked when the next MA63 roundtable would be called, she disclosed that no date had been set yet.
Meanwhile, according to an online news portal, Barisan Nasional (BN) deputy chairman Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan during a function in Sabah yesterday (July 2), has suggested Sabah BN to propose a New Malaysia Agreement.
He said the New Malaysia Agreement needed to be underpinned by a new spirit, context and aspirations in restoring the rights and interests of Sabah, and at the same time, strengthening the Federation of Malaysia. — DayakDaily