MySejahtera glitch: Adolescents, adults boosted told to ignore second booster appointment

A logo of MySejahtera app.

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


KUCHING, March 24: The Ministry of Health (MOH) has asked the public to ignore new appointments from MySejahtera if they have already received their Covid-19 booster dose or are aged 17 and below.

Due to a technical glitch in the app, MOH explained that the MySejahtera system has sent appointment links for booster doses to teenagers (those aged 17 and below) as well as adults who had received their booster vaccination.

“The current MOH’s policy only recommends that booster doses be given to adults aged 18 years and above, and no second or fourth booster doses are given to the public,” it said in a statement yesterday.


MOH thus urged parents or guardians of children 17 years and below as well as adults who have received their booster shots, to ignore the new appointment link.

“If you have already made a booster dose appointment for your dependent or for the fourth dose via the link posted, please cancel the appointment and you will not need to come to the Vaccination Centre (PPV),” it added.

MOH said that the PPVs have been informed of this technical glitch and instructed to refuse those who fall in the categories stated above.

“The MySejahtera technical team is currently working to rectify the issue and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
Last week, the MOH had announced that booster vaccination appointments can be made through the MySejahtera app starting from March 21.

The public can select their preferred integrated vaccination centre along with a date and time.

MOH also advised that those who have yet to receive their vaccination or booster dose, or parents who want to bring their children for the first or second dose, could do so by booking an appointment at a selected centre.— DayakDaily