Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
By Brad Rantayy
MIRI, Jan 3: A man slipped into a coma shortly after he was electrocuted while scaling a transmission tower in a power substation in Tudan at about 6.25pm yesterday.
His identity has not been established yet, but he is now undergoing treatment at Miri Hospital, including for 70 per cent burns on his body.
City police chief ACP Lim Meng Seah, when contacted, said a preliminary investigation revealed that the man fell roughly from a height of a three-storey building.
The transmission tower at Tudan substation has 33kilo volt (KV) distribution lines.
Police and members from four Resident Committees (RCs) — Pujut, Permyjaya, Tudan and Piasau — rushed to Lorong Mulia 2C when the alarm was raised.
The man was found naked as his clothes and pants were burnt in the incident.
“He managed to walk for about 100 meters after being electrocuted before falling,” disclosed an RC member.
Sources said the damage caused totalled about RM20,000. — DayakDaily