SIBU, April 10: Six traders have been found positive with Covid-19 and are prohibited from trading at the Ramadhan Bazaars in Bandung Walk and Pelangi Food Kiosk in Kampung Nangka.
The six were among the hundreds who had participated in an active case detection programme on April 7 at the town square here.
Those who had been swabbed included traders at the Pasar Tamu Taman Indah, Night Market and Ramadhan Bazaar.
Sibu Division Disaster Management Committee coordinator, Dr Annuar Rapaee, in revealing this in his daily Sibu Covid-19 update via Facebook Live today, said it had been stipulated that any traders who were tested positive would be disallowed to open their stalls.
The Nangka assemblyman said the Ramadan Bazaar in Bandung Walk and Pelangi Food Kiosk are allowed as the traders had permanent stalls there.
“We will do strict monitoring on the two bazaars with Sibu Municipal Council. If any traders are caught not adhering to the standard operating procedure (SOP), the council will be taking action against them,” he warned.
Dr Annuar also called on the people to report to the Covid-19 Operation Room which is manned by the police, should they come across any business not following the SOP guidelines.
The public can call 084-323224 or through WhatsApp number 013-9994158.
“The spike of cases from Week 7th was due to lax of SOP at workplace. If you see any people not adhering to the SOP, report it to the Covid-19 Operation Room,” he urged.
Dr Annuar said he had been receiving complaints of people not adhering to the SOP.
“I want heads of department, owners of business like eatery outlets and factories to always follow the SOP as we don’t want the emergence of another workplace cluster like Jalan Aman and Jalan Maju clusters,” he said.
On the 32 cases reported in Sibu today, he said 20 of them happened in Sibu Municipal Council area, and six each in Sibu Jaya and Sibu Rural District Council. — DayakDaily