Nanta: Approved letter remains valid, no new application needed

Datuk Alexander Nanta Linggi

KUCHING, April 17: Companies under the food chain supplies, e-commerce and other sub-sectors previously authorised to operate by the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry (KPDNHEP) need not submit new application.

Its minister Datuk Alexander Nanta Linggi said these companies can continue with their operations as usual during the third phase of the movement control order (MCO), as their approval letter will remain valid.

“Under the first and second phase of the MCO, the ministry has issued approval letters to allow certain industry players such as distributors, wholesalers, retailers and e-commerce to operate.

“This to ensure that the public can continue to have access to basic needs and others critical products during the MCO period.

“For companies that has yet to receive their approval, they can submit their new application through the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) website at www.miti.gov.my,” he said in a statement.


The Kapit MP added that in order to compensate for the economic viability of the country, the government has agreed to take a proactive response to allow additional economic sectors operate in phases.

Nanta said the additional sub-sectors allowed to operate during the third phase MCO period included hardware stores, electrical and electronic stores (not including telecommunication and information and communication technology) and laundry services.

All the application for these additional sub-sector must be submitted to the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) through their online website at www.miti.gov.my or https://application.miti.gov.my.

“Only complete application that fulfill the terms and condition of the standard operating procedure (SOP) will be considered. Any other application without going through the portal will not be processed,” he continued.

Nanta said companies applying for the sub-sector under KPDNHEP must ensure that their operations is not in the red and yellow zone, or under the enhanced MCO zone as specified by the National Security Council and the Health Ministry during the MCO period.

Apart from adhering to the strict conditions and guidelines, the authorised operations are also subjected to the conditions set by the council, Health Ministry, local authorities and other guidelines from other related enforcement agencies from time to time, he added.

“Failure to do so may result to an immediate revocation of their authorisation to operate,” he said. — DayakDaily