
By Amanda L
KUCHING, May 24: The Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development (KPWKM) says it is continuing efforts to gather statements and evidence in a Johor case involving allegations against a teacher, despite limited cooperation from parties linked to the case.
Minister Dato Sri Nancy Shukri said the ministry, through its child protection officers is still seeking complete information required to support formal reporting and related legal processes.
“We are still waiting for full cooperation. When our officers attempted to obtain information, it has not been fully provided to us,” she told reporters after officiating the Rhythm-Ritma Kehidupan Harmoni: Program Sihat Warga Emas here today.
Nancy said the ministry is working closely with the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM), which has taken over investigations into the case, while also respecting efforts to protect the identity and wellbeing of the child involved.
At the same time, Nancy said sensitivities surrounding the case, particularly the need to avoid exposing the minor, have made it more difficult to obtain complete information from relevant parties.
“We do not want the child to be shamed. At the time of the incident, the child was still in primary school and is now in secondary school,” she said.
She added that the child’s current school has also been unable to provide detailed information as the student had only recently enrolled there this year.
Despite these constraints, she said the ministry still requires statements from relevant individuals to ensure accurate documentation, especially as the report may be used in court proceedings.
“We are the party that prepares the report for court purposes, so we still need proper information from those involved,” she explained.
Nancy said there is currently no need to place the child in a protection home as the minor remains under parental care.
“However, cooperation is still required so we can complete a proper and accurate report,” she added.
The case, which surfaced on social media involves allegations that a teacher at a school in Masai, Pasir Gudang had sexually abused a pupil.
Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek had previously confirmed that police have taken over investigations, with the teacher relieved of duties pending probe. The Social Welfare Department (JKM) has also placed the child under protection while investigations continue. — DayakDaily




