Lee: 70pct of transporters travelling between Miri and Brunei have received Covid-19 vaccine

Lee presenting 20 mattresses to Miri Hospital director Dr Jack Wong on behalf of the Miri Hakka Youth Association on Saturday.

By Jaythaleela K

MIRI, 19 June: About 70 per cent of transporters from logistic companies in this district have already received their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, while the remaining 30 per cent are still waiting for their turn, said Minister of Transport Sarawak Datuk Lee Kim Shin on Saturday.

When met today (Saturday) after witnessing the handing over of 20 bed mattresses by Miri Hakka Youth Association to Miri Hospital, Lee reiterated his call to transport companies in Sarawak, especially from Miri who have business in Brunei, to get their transporters vaccinated.

Last month, the Brunei government announced that all foreign registered transporters entering the country must be vaccinated and have Cross-Country Permits issued by Brunei, effective July 13.

They were given a grace period from June 1 to July 12 to get their drivers vaccinated.


“For those who have yet to register, please submit the name lists (of your drivers) to our Ministry (Ministry of Transport Sarawak) so that we can help put forward the names to Ministry of Health Malaysia (KKM) for vaccination,” he said.

On another notes Lee applauded Miri Hakka Youth association for stepping forward in helping Miri Hospital by contributing 20 bed mattresses to the health facility.

Also present at the simple handing over today were Miri Hospital director Dr Jack Wong , Miri Hakka association chairman Liew Han Ping, Hakka Miri Youth Association chairlady Sally Liew and vice chief youth Andy Jong Wan Joon. — DayakDaily