KUCHING, Dec 31: Chung Hua Middle School No.1 has received some RM50,000 so far and works to rebuild the three burnt classrooms will start after Chinese New Year, revealed chairman of the Committee Management of Kuching Chung Hua Middle School No1, 3 and 4 Datuk Richard Wee.
He added that work will start after they obtain the official report from the investigation of the fire incident which occurred on Dec 7.
“We are still waiting for the official report from Bomba (Fire and Rescue Services department) and the adjustor from the insurance company. We have also engaged consultants to assess the damage and the structural integrity of the classrooms.
“We intend to start the rebuilding work after CNY. We have received tremendous support from all walks of lives.
Among their supporters included their alumni, members of various associations, local ministers, state assemblymen from across political divides, councillors from MBKS, community leaders, political secretaries, parents and all well-wishers.
“We have so far received approximately RM50,000 of donations towards restoration works,” Wee told DayakDaily here today.
Political secretary to the Chief Minister Tan Kai said five SUPP political secretaries to the Chief Minister had jointly donated to the school’s rebuilding fund.
He presented the cheque to the school today and it was witnessed by Wee, Temenggong Tan Joo Phoi and other school board members.
Besides Tan Kai, four political secretaries who also donated to the cause were Michael Tiang, Soo Li Chung, Teng Ung Woo and Daniel Bujal
The three classrooms of Chung Hua Middle School No 1 to be rebuilt were damaged in an early morning fire on December 7. —DayakDaily