Go on leave gracefully, Idris tells Azmin

Datuk Idris Buang

KUCHING, July 18: Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) information chief Datuk Idris Buang suggests that Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali should go on leave willingly.

In a statement today, Idris said that this is so that Azmin, who is also Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) deputy president, would be seen giving the fullest cooperation to investigators without excuses and unnecessary delays due to attending to daily ministerial duties.

“It is also in the interest of justice that no one should be given any special treatment before the law. Everyone should be treated equally before the law according to the tenets of human rights and our Constitution.

“At this very moment our justice and legal system is ‘on trial’ by the worlds of media. Is our system and its implementation agency lame, bias-proof and foolproof, or is it (the system) and them (the relevant agencies) honest, efficient and professional?” Idris questioned.

He further asked: “Are they dedicated to their respective duty and upholding the law in accordance to the spirit of our Constitution?”

He said the answers are the system and its implementation is in the negative, and the ultimate result would not only be ensuing injustice but surely though gradually, anarchy.

Idris’ statement came following statements from PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and other party members and lawmakers urging Azmin to take leave following the gay sex video scandal recently allegedly implicating him and former Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Aziz.

Police have arrested and remanded nine people so far, including Perak PKR state chief and Anwar’s political secretary Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak, and Haziq.

Meanwhile, Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador in a statement today revealed that according to an analysis by CyberSecurity Malaysia, the video appeared to be genuine and authentic.

However, Abdul Hamid added that facial recognition against the identity of the two men alleged to be in the video returned negative results.

He also said that police investigation revealed that the spreading of the video was a political scheme led by a leader of a political party to smear Azmin’s reputation.

“The video was produced by certain quarters with a payment of hundreds of thousands of Ringgit,” he said. — DayakDaily