Dr Annuar: All ‘uncontactable’ 23 Covid-19 infected persons accounted for

Dr Annuar Rapaee

By Lian Cheng

KUCHING, Jan 20:  As of 12.45pm, the health authorities have managed to get hold of all 23 “uncontactable” Covid-19 positive cases in Sibu.

This is according to Local Government and Housing Assistant Minister Dr Annuar Rapaee who has updated his social media posting that the last of the 23 uncontactable was already been reached. 

Earlier in a press conference, where the video was posted on Dr Annuar’s social media page, Dr Annuar said as of 11.30am, only one was left unreachable by the authorities.  

“In actual fact, out of the 23 mentioned, 10 are already in hospital.  When are they in hospital?  Nine of them are in hospital since the 17th (Jan 17, 2021), and one of them was admitted to the hospital on the 18th (Jan 18, 2021).


“Out of the 10, one is a foreigner and has been referred to a private hospital,” said Dr Annuar.

For the rest of the 13, he said four of them were in the lockdown area.

“They can’t be contactable but they are in the lockdown area.  They are coming out now to be sent to the hospital.”

The other seven, Dr Annuar who is also Education, Science and Technological Research Assistant Minister, said were contacted yesterday and are already on their way to the hospital.

As for remaining two, he said one has just been admitted.

“As of 11.30am today, I admit there is only one person whose phone is not in service.  So it is not 23 unreachable, uncontactable, untraceable,” said Dr Annuar.

Dr Annuar said the public had become jittery and feeling unsafe believing that there were 23 Covid-19 positive patients not admitted.

“But I can assure the public, that Sibu is not safe. Stay at home. That is why we implement MCO (movement control order).  Not because of the 23 unreachable.  They are others who might not be going for the test (but are positive) or not have the test results yet,” he said.

At the same time, the Nangka assemblyman took the opportunity to remind all going for Covid-19 swab test to keep their handphones reachable 24 hours a day as the health authorities are now working round the clock to analysis the swab samples.

Local Government and Housing Minister Dato Sri Dr Sim Kui Hian has on Jan 19 evening, on his social media page said that as many as 23 people who were tested positive for Covid-19 in public screenings in Sibu are not contactable by the health authorities. — DayakDaily