SIBU, May 10: Well done! So said Bukit Assek assemblywoman Irene Chang.
She was congratulating the Health Ministry, Sibu Divisional Disaster Management Committee and Sibu Municipal Council for the much improved arrangement for the second phase of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme at Sibu Indoor Stadium today.
Chang said the whole process was orderly and all standard operating procedures (SOPs) were being observed by the first batch of 924 recipients who turned up to receive their second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine.
The 24 recipients had their first dose on April 19.
“Different tents were set up for different time appointments. The progress was orderly and all SOPs were being observed. All in all, it takes about 1 1/2 hours to register, be vaccinated and observed before being allowed to go home. Well done to KKM, SDDMC, SMC and everyone involved,” she said.
The situation at the vaccination centre today was a stark contrast to the one on May 7 which was chaotic. There social distancing then was not possible as they all came at one time and recipients were not adhering to the SOPs.
SDDMC coordinator Dr Annuar Rapaee, who visited the centre, said they had managed to bring order to the house.
“Last week, the recipients did not follow their schedule which resulted in too many people at one time. We had a meeting yesterday and have set up the waiting area for the different time zones according to the schedule,” he said.
Dr Annuar also observed that the recipients this time understood the need to follow the SOPs.
The second batch for the vaccination, he said would take place on May 14 at the same venue. — DayakDaily