Sarawak extends MCO to June 14, ratchets up SOP

A file photo of the majestic State Legislative Assembly (DUN) Complex fronting the Sarawak River.

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


By Ling Hui

KUCHING, May 31: Sarawak’s Movement Control Order (MCO) which was originally scheduled to run until June 11 has been extended to June 14.

The State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) announced this today in a statement giving Covid-19 updates today.


“Today, SDMC had a meeting and decided to adjust the implementation date of MCO in Sarawak until June 14, 2021.

“SDMC also reviewed the general SOP issued by the National Security Council (MKN) and decided that Sarawak would proceed with existing MCO with additional conditions,” it said.

Among the additional conditions are adjustments to the list of essential services allowed to operate during MCO.

The number of individuals in private vehicles was also revised to only two persons maximum from the cap of three persons previously.

On the usage of zones for controlling interzone travels, SDMC said this regulation was tightened to based according to districts. — DayakDaily