By Karen Bong
KUCHING, Oct 29: State Health Department is planning to conduct random Covid-19 screenings at construction sites which had been visited by the mobile kueh seller who has become the index case of Seladah Cluster in Kuching.
State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) chairman Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas said that investigation by the State Health Department found that the index case was very actively moving from one construction site location to another.
“As such, the construction sites have been identified and State Health Department is planning to conduct random Covid-19 screening as preemptive measure to ensure all these areas are free from Covid-19.
“This is also to pick up any possible cases in the community as soon as possible. Our strategy has always been to trace and cut off the chain of infections as well as to isolate and treat those tested positive,” he told a press conference on Covid-19 situation in Sarawak here today.
Meanwhile, there was no additional cases reported in the Seladah Cluster as of today (Oct 29), thus the total number of active cases was maintained at seven cases including the index case.
Uggah reported that a total of 82 individuals had been screened, out of which 71 were negative while four were still awaiting laboratory test results.
“As of 12pm today, all cases are still receiving treatment and isolated in the hospital and they are in stable condition,” he said.
As for Baki Cluster, Uggah revealed that 814 individuals have done their first test on the first day of Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) enforced at Kampung Haji Baki.
“They are all still waiting for the results.
“In total, of 949 people who had been screened, 28 were positive and 921 were negative,” he added. —DayakDaily