Man injured in explosion resulting from gas leak in Kuching

The victim receives medical treatment from EMRS personnel inside an ambulance at the scene.

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


KUCHING, Feb 3: A 44-year-old man suffered burns to his arm and leg after a gas leak led to an explosion at a premises at Jalan Tun Razak today.

Sarawak Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) in a statement today disclosed it received an emergency call at 11.32am regarding gas leakage and deployed firefighters from Bomba Tabuan Jaya, assisted by Bomba Padungan to the location.

“The operation commander upon arriving at the location confirmed that there was gas leakage from an oxygen tank used for welding, which caused an explosion and caused the victim to suffered from burns in the arm and leg,” the statement revealed.



A firefighter shows the piece of hose that was torn from the main oxygen tank hose by the explosion.

The victim was given early medical treatment at the location before he was sent to the hospital by Emergency Medical Rescue Services (EMRS) personnel.

It was also noted that the explosion did not involved any surrounding structure, and firefighters acted swiftly to seal the gas leak. — DayakDaily