Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
By Ling Hui
KUCHING, July 1: A 32-year-old woman without comorbidities from Telang Usan has been identified as a Covid-19 brought-in-dead (BID) case among three other fatalities recorded today.
The State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) said the victim had already passed away when her body arrived at Miri Hospital.
She was the 410th death due to Covid-19 in Sarawak, while the other three deaths today were reported in Subis, Kanowit and Sibu.
Fatality number 411, a 70-year-old man from Subis, tested positive for Covid-19 on June 23 and had suffered from hypertension.
The 71-year-old man from Kanowit had comorbidities of diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, chronic kidney disease and chronic lung disease.
SDMC, in a statement on Covid-19 update today, said investigations had traced him back to the Nanga Tada Cluster in Kanowit.
Meanwhile, the 413th Covid-19 death case involved a 35-year-old woman from Sibu who had medical records of obesity.
With four new deaths today, the Covid-19 death tally in the whole of Sarawak now stands at 413. — DayakDaily