Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
KUCHING, July 24: Three salons in Bintulu were compounded RM2,000 each for providing services other than hair cutting, during a standard operating procedures (SOPs) compliance check operation conducted by the Bintulu District Health Department on Friday (July 23).
According to a news report from Sarawak Public Communication Unit (Ukas) today, a total of 46 business premises were inspected during the operation, and four compound notices were issued for various SOP violation, including one compound for failure to scan the MySejahtera app when entering a premise.
Bintulu Division Health Officer Dr Melvin Chung Hsien Liang said during the Movement Control Order (MCO) period, the community needs to be aware and not be complacent in complying with the SOPs set.
“We hope that we are able to keep the number of cases at single digits, and if possible, zero number of cases.
“When the number of cases increase, the health authorities will be responsible, but now, our number of cases have declined and the responsibility goes back to the community,” he said when met during the operation.
Dr Melvin pointed out that it is not impossible for the number of cases in Bintulu to increase if the community was still stubborn and denied the importance of the SOPs.
“The SOPs such as physical distancing, wearing facemasks, scanning the MySejahtera app and many others are the new norms since last year. As such, all of us should already be aware of what to do when in public places,” he added. — DayakDaily