By Peter Sibon
KUCHING, March 23: Notices barring outsiders as well as villagers from outstation returning to their respective villages in Tebedu constituency have been erected at certain villages and all the 58 villages will put up similar notices by tomorrow, said Tebedu assemblyman Datuk Seri Michael Manyin Jawong.
He said he had already instructed political secretary to the Chief Minister Dr Simon Sinang Bada and Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) committee member Anthony Siong to put up the notice in all the villages.
“In fact, some of them, including my kampung (Kampung Piching) have already put up the notice in their respective villages,” Manyin told DayakDaily here today.
Among others, the notices advised villagers to stay at home and those working outside the village not to come back home during the 14-day Movement Control Order (MCO) period.
“Besides that the villagers are not allow to gather for thanksgiving and even prayer service,” Manyin said.
When contacted, Sinang said, he had advised the village development and security committee (JKKK) in the respective villages to monitor and enforce the MCO.
“This is the time the JKKK must play their active role to ensure that the people especially the youth do not gather at night. This is a time for all of us to stay at home,” he said.
Manyin, who is also Minister of Education, Science and Technological Research and Dayak Bidayuh National Association (DBNA) chief advisor said he has also instructed two Bidayuh temenggong to put up similar notices to all the 344 Bidayuh villages in Kuching and Serian Divisions.
Bidayuh Temenggong of Kuching Division Austin Dimin when contacted said he will inform all the pemanca, penghulu and ketua kaum under his jurisdiction to follow Manyin’s advice.
“As this is the MCO period, I will put the message in our community leaders WhatsApp group to inform them of the urgency to put up the notice in all Bidayuh villages in Kuching Division,” said Dimin. — DayakDaily