SUPP candidate for Opar active on the ground since green light

Niponi (2nd right) visiting a victim of a fallen tree, Achee Sanong at Kampung Sebako Dayak, Lundu yesterday.

KUCHING, Aug 21: SUPP-endorsed candidate for Opar, Niponi Undek, has been busy moving on the ground since he received the green light from his party president recently.

Since then, he has been moving to the villages in Opar constituency to promote Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) to the voters.

“My time has been occupied since I have received the green light from my party president Datuk Seri Dr Sim Kui Hian recently to promote GPS in Opar constituency,” Niponi told DayakDaily when contacted today.

He added that besides promoting GPS to the constituents, he also organised health programmes and gotong-royong as well.

“I’m moving with other members from GPS component parries. This is to ensure that we can win the seat for GPS in the coming State election,” said Niponi, 58, who is a former director of Public Health College, Kota Sentosa.


Yesterday, he and his team visited a victim in a fallen tree accident, Achee Sanong at Kampung Sebako Dayak.

After that, the team also visited a road accident victim Julius Niam in the same village.

Accompanying him were was Kampung Sebako Dayak village chief Ban Leong.

Opar is currently held by Dato Ranum Mina of Parti Sarawak Bersatu (PSB).

The Bidayuh-majority area has more than 13,000 voters which are made up of 95 per cent Bidayuhs and the remaining 5 per cent consisting of Ibans, Malays and Chinese.—DayakDaily