Sarawak records 1,009 new Covid-19 cases today, no new clusters

An infographic showing a summary of the Covid-19 situation in Sarawak as of today (Oct 15, 2021). Source: Sarawak Disaster Information.

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


KUCHING, Oct 15: Sarawak’s Covid-19 cases declined slightly to 1,009 cases today from 1,061 recorded yesterday.

According to the daily update from the State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC), 2.18 per cent or 22 cases out of the 1,009 cases were in Category 3, 4 and 5 while the remaining 97.82 per cent or 987 cases were in Category 1 and 2.

There were 14 Covid-19 patients who required intubation and five Covid-19 patients Who needed breathing support.


SDMC said there were 649 Covid-19 patients with mild symptoms and 338 asymptomatic Covid-19 patients.

The additional 1,009 Covid-19 cases reported in the State has increased the cumulative number of confirmed cases in Sarawak to 229,745.

SDMC said there were 36 districts out of 40 districts in Sarawak which reported new Covid-19 cases.

Kuching, which reported 267 new cases, is one of the three districts which reported triple-digits cases.

The other two were Miri with 192 cases and Sibu with 105 cases.

Districts which reported double-digit figures include Daro with 61 cases, Bintulu (49), Serian (40), Lawas (33), Kanowit (30), Betong (29), Mukah (27), Subis (22), Meradong (18), Sri Aman (14), Samarahan (14), Saratok (14), Limbang (13) and Sarikei (10).

Areas which reported single-digit cases were Simunjan with eight cases, Bau (8), Lundu (7), Beluru (6), Kapit (5), Matu (5), Julau (4), Lubok Antu (4), Sebauh (4), Dalat (4), Kabong (3), Tanjung Manis (3), Song (2), Bukit Mabong (2), Selangau (2), Pusa (1), Pakan (1), Tatau (1) and Asajaya (1).

There were no new Covid-19 clusters today, while three active clusters ended.

They were the Bijongon Cluster in Bau, Tinwar Keleku Cluster in Subis and Nanga Sesamak Cluster in Selangau.

With zero new clusters and three active clusters ended, there are 60 remaining active clusters in Sarawak.

Out of the 60 active clusters, six reported 15 new Covid-19 cases while 54 active clusters reported zero cases.

The six active clusters which reported new Covid-19 cases were the Tembok Limbang Cluster (5), Air Awat-Awat Cluster (3), Pinang Jawa Cluster (3), Kampung Segedup Cluster (2), Kampung Lintang Baru (1) and Mundai Cluster (1). — DayakDaily