Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
By Malcolm Lau
KUCHING, Sept 18: Search and Rescue (SAR) efforts have been activated for two men reported to be missing while on their way back to Kuala Serupai Jetty, Tatau on Thursday.
Maritime Rescue Sub Centre (MRSC) activated its operation at 3 pm as soon as an emergency call was received from the State Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) Centre.
Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (APMM) Sarawak Region director First Admiral Robert Teh Geok Chuan said the boat which was believed to be used by the missing victims was found approximately 11 nautical miles away from Temena Platform A.
However the two missing men were nowhere to be found.
“SAR post had been set up at Kuala Tatau on Thursday at 6 pm and boats have been deployed for the search, together with the boats from Bomba,” he said in a press statement.
He said the two men, one local and one Indonesian, were said to have gone fishing and the family members only reported the case when the duo failed to return home.
Teh noted that APMM will intensify the search for the missing men and the public are urged to wear their life jacket at all times while they are at the sea. -Dayak Daily