Quarantine order lifted for Sarawakians from West Malaysia, Sabah and Labuan

Uggah in a press conference on Covid-19 updates today (Aug 28, 2020).

By Ling Hui

KUCHING, Aug 28: Sarawakians returning from Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Labuan will not have to undergo the compulsory quarantine order as they await test results, effective September 1, 2020.

State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) chairman Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas said that only the E-Health Declaration Form needs to be filled prior to any departure from other states back to Sarawak.

However, all Malaysians including Sarawakians returning from overseas will need to undergo the compulsory 14-day quarantine while two swab tests will be taken on the second and 10th day of the stay.

“For Sarawakians, all costs of quarantine and tests will be borne by the Sarawak government as previously stated.


“For non-Sarawakians on the other hand, they will need to bear their own costs of quarantine and any Covid-19 swab tests,” he said in a press conference on Covid-19 updates today.

Meanwhile, Uggah stated that random swab tests on all entries into Sarawak either by air, land or sea will continue to be carried out.

On a related issue, he said that all outbound and inbound flight sectors to Sarawak will operate as usual effective September 1, 2020.

Starting the same day, the children’s entertainment centres in shopping malls or any closed areas will be allowed to operate with strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) approved by the Ministry of Local Government and Housing Sarawak.—DayakDaily