Petronas to work with authorities to assist those affected by Subang Jaya gas pipeline incident

Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) logo
Advertisement

by DayakDaily Team

KUCHING, April 2: Petronas is committed to working closely with government authorities and relevant agencies to ensure adequate relief efforts and assistance are extended and meaningful support is deployed to individuals and families affected by the gas pipeline fire in Putra Heights, Subang Jaya yesterday.

In a press statement issued last night, it said its publicly listed subsidiary, Petronas Gas Bhd, which owns the affected pipeline will be working closely with government authorities and agencies to assess the full impact of the incident.

Advertisement

At the same time, the Petronas Group is proactively taking all necessary measures to preserve the security of gas supply.

“To this end, the team is hard at work to mitigate disruptions, implement contingency plans and restore operations as safely and efficiently as possible in coordination with relevant authorities and agencies,” it said.

Petronas also affirms that it is actively coordinating with the relevant ministries as well as State and Federal agencies to ensure adequate relief efforts and assistance are extended and meaningful support is deployed during this very difficult time.

“We are committed to work as closely as possible with these ministries and agencies so that timely and meaningful support can be effectively deployed during what must be a very difficult time for the families impacted,” it added.

“Petronas reaffirms its continuing commitment to safety in all its operations, and will continue to provide updates from time to time as more information becomes available. At this juncture, we would appeal for the cooperation and patience of all impacted parties as we work as quickly as possible to address this situation.”

Early yesterday morning, a major fire occurred in Putra Heights, Subang Jaya, caused by a ruptured gas pipeline belonging to Petronas Gas.

According to news reports by Bernama, the fire was successfully extinguished by 3.45pm yesterday.

A total of 305 victims of the fire incident had been rescued and relocated as of 5pm yesterday, while the incident left 190 homes and 159 vehicles damaged.

No fatalities have been reported so far, and the cause of the fire remains under investigation. – DayakDaily

Advertisement