Facebook Twitter Youtube
  • MAIN
  • LOCAL
  • BEYOND SARAWAK
  • SPORTS
  • LEISURE
  • KENYALANG PORTRAITS
  • IBAN SECTION
  • VIDEOS
  • ADS
Search
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Create an account
Create an account
Welcome! Register for an account
A password will be e-mailed to you.
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
DayakDaily
  • MAIN
  • LOCAL
  • BEYOND SARAWAK
  • SPORTS
  • LEISURE
  • KENYALANG PORTRAITS
  • IBAN SECTION
  • VIDEOS
  • ADS

Pelawan rep’s Facebook page hacked, sets up new account

Jan 28, 2024 @ 12:46
Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp
Linkedin
Email
Print
Telegram
    Tiang showing a screenshot of his hacked Facebook account during a press conference in Sibu on Jan 28, 2024.
    Advertisement

    By William Isau

    SIBU, Jan 28: Pelawan assemblyman Datuk Michael Tiang has set up a new Facebook page called ‘Pusat Khidmat N.54 Pelawan’ after his Facebook page was hacked.

    This came after hackers took ownership of his Facebook page (Michael Tiang 程明智).

    Advertisement

    “I have abandoned that account and set up ‘Pusat Khidmat N.54 Pelawan’ so that I could continue to serve the public,” he said at a press conference today.

    Tiang, also the Deputy Minister of Public Health, Housing, and Local Government, said the hackers, after taking control of his Facebook page, started sending notifications to netizens to join them.

    “I urge the public not to accept the invitation to join the Facebook page. I don’t know what they plan to do with my account. I would like to urge the people to lodge a complaint against the hacked Facebook account with Metaverse,” he added.

    He also suspected that the hacking of his Facebook account was politically motivated, as several attempts were made to hack his account.

    “I won’t be surprised that it is politically motivated. After hacking one’s social media account, normal hackers will move on after you regain control of it.

    “But this group continued hacking my account when I managed to regain control of it four times earlier until I lost ownership over it,” he said.

    He discovered that the hacking attempts started at midnight of December 16 last year, prompting him to lodge a complaint with Metaverse, including the police and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC).

    “When I first found it, I started to lose control over my FB page as the hackers took over. They uploaded weird and obscene postings.

    “A few days later, I contacted Metaverse in Singapore. They offered me assistance, and after that, I could gain control of the page. I was delighted and started deleting the unnecessary postings,” he recalled.

    However, he said the hackers managed to gain control of the page again. — DayakDaily

    Advertisement
    Share
    Facebook
    Twitter
    WhatsApp
    Linkedin
    Email
    Print
    Telegram
      Previous articleFrom policeman to people’s rep, Wan Junaidi’s credentials justify appointment as TYT
      Next articlePDP deputy president: Merger with PSB to be looked into after CNY
      Editor DL

      RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

      Jalan Ulu Sungai Merah upgrading project in Sibu to be completed in May

      Miri man loses RM549,448 after falling for fake Facebook loan scam

      Jln Pahlawan shophouse collapse: Follow-up meeting set for Feb 23

      Ads

      Recent Posts

      • Kota Padawan Ramadan bazaar attracts steady crowd; draws feedback for sustainability, choice, convenience
      • Empower, innovate, lead: 247 youths trained in AI, entrepreneurship at TEGAS Bintulu
      • Small but mighty: The bubuk behind Bintulu’s famous belacan and cincalok
      • Fallen heads named a town: The many origins of Bintulu’s name (Travelogue Day 5)
      • A waterfront revival for Balingian’s old bazaar
      • ‘I could only wait for rescue’: Mother recalls evacuating bedridden son in Kpg Sungai Maong flood
      • 16yo boy feared drowned in Sg Tengah found dead
      • Satok rep checks on flood evacuees at Sg Maong evacuation centre
      • Sarawak monsoon rains less severe than last year’s Bintulu floods
      • Miri man duped by online investment scam, loses RM233,950
      DayakDaily is a news portal that aims to be the community platform for Sarawakians who have interesting stories to tell. Share with us stories close to your hearts and your little towns that hardly get to be highlighted in the mainstream media.
      Contact us: editor.dayakdaily@gmail.com
      Facebook Twitter Youtube
      • MAIN
      • ABOUT US
      • SUPPORT DAYAKDAILY
        • Contribute to DayakDaily
        • Payment Policy
      • DISCLAIMER
      • CONTACT US
      © dayakdaily copyright since 2017

       

      Get news FASTER!

      Never miss an update from DayakDaily. JOIN our Telegram channel for FREE.

      JOIN NOW