
By DayakDaily Team
MIRI, Aug 22: The Maulidur Rasul 1448H/2026M procession in Miri has been cancelled, with the event instead being held as an indoor gathering at Miri Indoor Stadium on Aug 25.
In a statement today, Miri District Police Chief ACP Mohd Farhan Lee Abdullah said the original procession and venue at Dewan Suarah Miri had been cancelled as part of changes to the organisation of the Maulidur Rasul celebration at the Miri division level.
The replacement Maulidur Rasul gathering will be held at Miri Indoor Stadium on Tuesday (Aug 25), corresponding to 12 Rabiulawal 1448H, starting at 7am.
The cancellation also means all previously planned public road closures and traffic diversions for the procession have been called off.
Police said traffic flow around Miri city would continue as normal, with no road closures or restrictions imposed for the procession.
Visitors attending the gathering at Miri Indoor Stadium have been advised to park only at designated parking areas and avoid obstructing public roads around the stadium.
He also urged the public to comply with instructions from police personnel on duty to ensure smooth traffic flow throughout the event. — DayakDaily




