Man who was found unconscious in ceiling dies

Lightbulb. — DayakDaily.com file pic. // Photo: Pixabay

By Jaythaleela K

MIRI, Oct 21: A 42-year-old man who was found unconscious while doing wiring works in the ceiling of his house at Vista Perdana here on Saturday has died.

City police chief ACP Lim Meng Seah confirmed today that Mohamad Idil Ibrahim, an offshore worker, was pronounced dead about an hour after admission into Miri Hospital.

The deceased was believed to have received an electric shock while working in the ceiling.

He was found unconscious by his wife at 5.32pm. She immediately contacted Miri Hospital for help.


Firefighters from Lopeng fire station and police were also mobilised to the scene. The victim was rushed to the hospital after firefighters brought him down from the ceiling. — DayakDaily