KUCHING, Sept 30: Dato Henry Lau Lee Kong has been elected the new chairman for Sarawak Timber Association (STA) Council for the 2022-2023 term.
Lau, who was the Honorary Secretary for STA Council 2020-2022 will be replacing the outgoing chairman Datuk Wong Kie Yik.
When presenting STA Workings Report, Lau on behalf of STA Council, expressed their appreciation to Wong for his wisdom and dedication over the last 14 years in bringing all members together and to ensure that STA continue advancing in the pursuit of its objectives for the wellbeing of its members and the timber industry of Sarawak.
The election took place during STA Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at Wisma STA here today.
The new office bearers for STA Council 2022-2023 term is as follows:
1. Chairman — Dato Henry Lau Lee Kong
2. Vice Chairman — Tan Sri Datuk Ling Chiong Ho
3. Vice Chairman — Dato’ Sri Patrick Wong Haw Yeong
4. Honorary Secretary — Wong Ting Chung
5. Honorary Treasurer — Philip Choo Kwong Hui
6. Hill Logging — Wong Ting Chung
7. Log Marketing — James Ho Yam Kuan
8. Forest Plantation — Joseph Lau Ching Hoo
9. Furniture & Other Woodworking — Yek Siew Liong
10. Moulding — Philip Law Buong Hoo
11. Panel Products — Datuk James Ling Lu Kiong
12. Sawmilling — Datin Seri Annie Wong Haw Bing
13. Swamp Logging — Philip Choo Kwong Hui
14. Timber Products Marketing — Stephen Hii Hium Ung