Govt functions get green light to run during CMCO starting tomorrow (May 18)

Business, jobs and trade. — file pic. // Photo: Pixabay

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.

By Ling Hui

KUCHING, May 17: Official government briefings or programmes in Sarawak have received the green light from the State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) to run during the extended Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) period from May 18 to June 7.

However, SDMC emphasised, such programmes are subject to current standard operating procedures (SOPs) with the total number of attendees not exceeding 50 per cent of the respective premises capacity or a maximum of 100 persons only.

The committee added that organisers and all participants are also required to comply strictly with existing health protocols.

On workforce capacity in federal facilities, SDMC said the attendance of employees in offices is based on circulars or instructions issued by the Public Service Department (JPA) other than the current directives by the Federal Secretary of Sarawak.

For Sarawak civil servants, the attendance would follow circulars or instructions issued by the Sarawak State Secretary.

On the other hand, in the private sector, the workforce attendance capacity for those in the management is only limited to 30 per cent of the workforce with the remaining 70 per cent to work from home while 50 per cent is allowed for those in operations.

SDMC, in its latest SOP listing today, asserted that employers are responsible for determining the employees’ work cycles to comply with these instructions. — DayakDaily