Fruitless search for Eric called off after 7 days

The (SAR) operation for missing Eric Chang has been called off today on the seventh day.

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


KUCHING, March 19: The search and rescue (SAR) operation for missing four-year-old Eric Chang has been called off today, the seventh day since March 13.

Kuching District police chief ACP Ahsmon Bajah said there had been no clues or signs of the toddler as of 6pm today.

“The scope of search involves air monitoring by Royal Malaysian Police Air Operations Force (PGU), surface search by all agencies, canine search by Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) K9 unit and divers by the marine police (PGM).

“Although the SAR team has taken various alternatives, the search is limited due to factors such as the landscape, threats by wild animals, the weather and tidal conditions at the search location,” he said in a statement today.

The SAR team on the lookout for the missing boy.

The police, Ahsmon said, welcome any information from the public for further action.

He also said the team would continue a scientific investigation to discover any relevant clues to indicate Eric’s whereabouts. — DayakDaily