Flames from unmonitored stove cause Bau house fire

Firefighters checking the surroundings while ensuring the fire is completely extinguished.

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


By Malcolm Lau

KUCHING, March 3: A house located at Kampung Pengkalan Tebang Tringgus, Bau was razed by fire this morning.

The Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) received the emergency call about around 10am.



Firefighters from the Bau firestation managed to put out the fire around 11.40am. It was believed that the fire started from an unsupervised stove the house owner was using to boil water at that time.

No one was reported injured during the incident and the firefighters returned to their station after securing the scene. — DayakDaily