Covid-19: 2,487 new Covid-19 cases in Sarawak today with 15 in serious categories

Covid-19 (file photo).

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


By Ling Hui

KUCHING, Sept 30: Out of the 2,487 new Covid-19 infections in Sarawak today, there are 15 patients classified as Category 3, 4 and 5.

According to reports by the State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC), there are three Category 3’s with lung infections, seven Category 4’s requiring oxygen, and five Category 5’s in need of ventilators.

With that, the serious number of Covid-19 cases account for 0.60 per cent of the total case numbers whereby Category 1 and 2 cases with none or mild symptoms take up the remaining 99.4 per cent or 2,472 cases.

In terms of districts, Kuching remained at the top of the list, reporting 745 new cases, followed by Miri (361), Sarikei (168), Sibu (139), and Bintulu (108).

Other districts that saw double-digit case numbers were Limbang (82), Saratok (79), Serian (74), Sri Aman (73), Bau (67), Asajaya (67), Samarahan (59), Lundu (51), Kanowit (48), Betong (43), Simunjan (37), Kapit (36), Tatau (31), Bukit Mabong (24), Subis (22), Meradong (21), Lawas (19), Dalat (17), Lubok Antu (16), Belaga (14), Tebedu (13), Selangau (12), Tanjung Manis (11), and Daro (10).

The remaining districts with new infections included Mukah (9), Marudi (7), Julau (6), Pusa (4), Song (4), Beluru (4), Pakan (3), Kabong (2), and Sebauh (1).

Only two districts namely Matu and Telang Usan recorded zero cases today. — DayakDaily