KUALA LUMPUR: CIMB Group (CIMB) was recently recognised for its strong capabilities in, among others, treasury and markets, and transaction banking propositions, through 15 local and regional pre-eminent awards.
According to a press release, under the 2017 Asia Risk Magazine Awards’ “Country House of the Year” category, CIMB clinched an award for Malaysia (for the twelfth consecutive year), and Indonesia (for the sixth consecutive year) for its commitment towards improving risk management beyond the minimum levels stipulated by local regulators.
Additionally, the group received 10 accolades for various categories at the Asset Triple A Private Banking, Wealth Management and Investment Awards 2017, which recognised leading wealth management institutions as well as premier financial institutions involved in derivatives and structured products in Asia-Pacific.
CIMB also swept three awards at the Asiamoney Best Bank Awards (Malaysia) 2017 and Asiamoney Corporate Client Choice Awards 2017, by garnering 1,500 votes amongst Asia’s corporate treasury officials. CIMB was voted as their preferred banking partner based on quality of execution and customer relationship in the areas of capital market, cash management, credit, rates, foreign exchange, and trade finance.
Commenting on these wins, Tengku Dato’ Sri Zafrul Aziz, CIMB Group Chief Executive said, “We are honoured to receive these awards and humbled by the vote of confidence by our clients across ASEAN. The 15 awards in various categories truly reflect CIMB’s firm focus on improving our customer experience, which to us is not a destination, but a journey. At CIMB, we believe that successful treasury management and transaction banking propositions require not just a deep understanding of our clients’ needs, but also seamless execution which is always supported by sector specialists under CIMB’s regional operating model, backed by our well-established network in ASEAN.”
The full list of awards won by CIMB is as follows:
The Asset Triple A Private Banking, Wealth Management and Investment Awards 2017
1. Best Derivatives House of the Year, Malaysia
2. Best Derivatives House of the Year, Indonesia (CIMB NIAGA)
3. Best Structured Products House, Indonesia (CIMB NIAGA)
4. Best Structured Products House, Malaysia
5. Best Structured Products House, Thailand
6. Best Credit Derivatives House, Malaysia
7. Best Credit Derivatives House, Thailand
8. Best Structured Investment Products Awards, Commodities
CIMB Commodity Range Bound FRNID – WTI Crude Oil
9. Best Structured Investment Products Awards, Credit
MYR Denominated Credit Linked Structured Product
10. Best Structured Investment Products Awards, Equity
Brand Vantage FRNID & Brand Vantage Plus FRNID
Asiamoney Awards 2017
1. Best Bank in Indonesia, Asiamoney Corporate Client Choice Awards
2. Best Bank in Malaysia, Asiamoney Corporate Client Choice Awards
3. Best Digital Bank, Malaysia, Asiamoney Banking Awards
Asia Risk Awards 2017
1. House of the Year, Malaysia
2. House of the Year, Indonesia