Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
KUCHING, June 2: Firefighters netted a three-metre-long scaly intruder after it swallowed three kittens at a house at Taman Kasa Mutiara, Jalan Depo this morning.
According to firefighter Nooruddin Ismail from the Petra Jaya fire station, they received the emergency call at 8.30am.
The house owner, who made the call to the Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba), claimed that a python had eaten three of his kittens.
Upon arrival at the house, firefighters found the python lazing in the garden with a bulging belly.
They captured the snake and placed it inside a large sack.
The firefighters later released the python at an isolated area, away from the residential area.
All species of pythons are under the list of protected animals in Sarawak, based on the First Schedule–Section 2(1) Part II on Protected Animals from Wildlife Protection Ordinance 1998 (Chapter 26). — DayakDaily