Sebuyau longhouse fire disaster averted thanks to Bomba volunteers

The fire was successfully extinguished by PBS members by using fire extinguishers.

KUCHING, June 2: An electrical socket short-circuit would almost certainly have caused a fire disaster if not for the actions of alert volunteer firefighters at Kampung Sebuyau Ensengei Iban, Sebuyau last night.

The fire occurred around 9.53pm and a Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) volunteer team (PBS) immediately jumped into action. According to the Bomba report, the volunteers successfully put out the fire using fire extinguishers before the fire could spread.

Firefighers who arrived at the scene later checked the surroundings of the longhouse which is home to 48 families.


The fire is believed to have started from an electrical socket in one of the rooms at the longhouse. No one was reported injured in the incident. — DayakDaily