Unattended fire burns down one-storey building

Firefighters putting out the flames.

MARUDI, Aug 11: A moment of carelessness resulted in a one-storey building used for storing agricultural equipment going up in flames here today.

The building’s said the fire was caused by the unsupervised burning of domestic rubbish that was carried out by his grandmother in front of their house, which resulted in the flames spreading to the building.

Eight firefighters from Fire and Rescue Department (BBP) Marudi led by Officer PB Roslan Ojek managed to bring the fire under control and put it out.

Assisting them were also five volunteer firefighters led by Wee So Chia.

There were no injuries or deaths reported during the incident. — DayakDaily