SIBU, Aug 15: Six men who were among the 15 involved in a brawl in a cafe located at Jalan Lau King Howe on Thursday, have been arrested.
Sibu District Police chief ACP Stanley Jonathan Ringgit said the men, aged between 25 to 55, were picked up from various locations in the town today.
“They have been remanded for four days until August 19 for further investigation,” he said.
The investigation is under Section 148 of the Penal Code for rioting and 269 of the same code for the offence of committing a negligent act likely to spread infection of any disease dangerous to life, Section 5(1)of the Entertainment Ordinance and Regulation 10 of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures Within the Infected Local Areas) Regulations 2020.
As for the other nine men, he said they are still at large and the police are still hunting for them.
After the incident which happened at about 1.30 am on August 13, the two female owners, aged 31 and 38, of the cafe together with two male bar tenders were arrested to assist investigation .
A police team raided the cafe at about 11.20 pm on Thursday (August 13) after receiving information that a fight had taken place earlier in the cafe.
The screen grab of the cafe CCTV showed 15 customers creating a commotion by throwing chairs and glass at each other. -DayakDaily