Sibu residents furious over agent irresponsibly abandoning 4 Covid-19 positive Indonesians at bus stop

Covid-19 file pic

SIBU, Dec 17:  The news of four Indonesians tested positive of Covid-19 after taking a swab test at a private medical specialist centre here on Dec 15 has worried many Sibu residents.

Many Sibu residents are now worrying about a possible outbreak of the pandemic in Sibu caused by these four foreigners who though tested positive were moving around Sibu freely.

Unhappy about the agent not taking responsibility of the four Indonesians but only dropped them at a bus stop upon being notified that these four tested positive, some individuals have lodged a police report, which later had gone viral.

According to the police report, the four had undergone a swab test and they were tested positive for Covid-19. It was stated in the report that the medical centre that ran the test had informed the Health Department in Sibu of the matter.

The report also stated that a woman who was believed to be the agent for the four later sent them to a bus stop at Jalan Bahagia Jaya.


Meanwhile, Sibu district police chief ACP Stanley Jonathan Ringgit when contacted said they four had already left for Entikong.

The agent for the four, he said, had been ordered by the Health Department here to undergo quarantine. -Dayakdaily