Selampit Bridge project back on track for Jan 2027 completion after payment issue resolved

Rohani (centre) during a project site visit in Lundu on Aug 18, 2026. Photo: Ukas
Advertisement

By DayakDaily Team

LUNDU, Aug 19: The Selampit Bridge project is back on track after a long-standing payment issue that had affected construction progress was addressed, with the project now targeted for completion by Jan 3, 2027.

According to a report by the Sarawak Public Communications Unit (Ukas), the project has achieved about 40 per cent physical progress following approval of an Extension of Time (EOT). This was disclosed during a project monitoring visit to the site yesterday (Aug 18).

Advertisement

The visit, conducted under the Ministry of Rural and Regional Development (KKDW), was attended by Premier’s Office advisor Dato’ Sri Rohani Abdul Karim.

Among the key issues raised during the monitoring session was a payment issue involving the contractor, which had previously affected the smooth progress of works.

A total of RM90,000 was recently received from KKDW, while about RM370,000 remains outstanding.

Rohani said continuous monitoring was necessary to ensure that any issues affecting the project’s progress were addressed promptly.

She also expressed hope that the relevant agencies could assist in resolving the outstanding payment and technical issues to ensure construction works could proceed consistently.

Meanwhile, the contractor said works were ongoing, with the next phase depending partly on the arrival of the required construction materials.

The contractor has committed to intensifying works once the materials arrive to prevent further delays and meet the revised completion date.

The monitoring visit also included an update on the Kendaie Road Project, which remains at the design stage. — DayakDaily

Advertisement