Sarawak recorded 1,055 new Covid-19 cases today, zero new clusters

Sarawak Covid-19 infographic as of today (Oct 16, 2021). Source: Sarawak Disaster Information.

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


KUCHING, Oct 16: Sarawak recorded a slight increase in the number of Covid-19 cases today with a total of 1,055 cases, as compared to 1,009 cases reported yesterday.

According to the daily Covid-19 update from the State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC), 2.65 per cent or 28 cases out of the 1,055 cases were in Category 3, 4 and 5, while the remaining 97.35 per cent are in Category 1 and 2.

Today, a total of 11 Category 5 Covid-19 patients were under intubation, with 10 Category 4 Covid-19 patients requiring breathing support, while 7 Category 3 Covid-19 patients suffer from lung infection.


The committee said there are 671 Covid-19 patients with mild symptoms while 356 other Covid-19 cases were asymptomatic.

Kuching, Miri and Sibu continue as the top three districts in Sarawak that reported triple digit cases, with 288, 218 and 117 cases respectively.

Other district that reported new cases are Bintulu (64), Betong (36), Serian (32), Mukah (31), Saratok (30), Lawas (28), Sarikei (25), Limbang (22), Samarahan (20), Marudi (18), Subis (15), Kapit (11), and Matu (10).

This include Sri Aman (9), Song (9), Bau (8), Pusa (8), Belaga (8), Meradong (5), Daro (4), Tanjung Manis (4), Beluru (4), Telang Usan (4), Asjaya (3), Kanowit (3), Julau (3), Bukit Mabong (3), Selangau (3), Tatau (3), Dalat (2), Pakan (2), and one case each for Lundu, Simunjan, Kabong, Lubok Antu, Sebauh, and Tebedu.

On the same note, SDMC disclosed no new Covid-19 cluster were reported in the state, with only six new cases recorded from five active clusters.

The active clusters that recorded new cases are Kampung Lintang Baru Cluster (2), Menuang Cluster (1), Ensurai Cluster (1), Pinang Jawa Cluster (1), and Kampung Segedup Cluster (1).

The committee also announced the end of three clusters after zero new cases were reported in the past 28-days, they are the Lubuk Bukut Cluster in Mukah, Bandar Baru Mukah Cluster in Mukah, and Palut Baram Cluster in Telang Usan.

As of today, only 57 clusters remain active throughout the state. — DayakDaily.