Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
KUCHING, Aug 5: A total of 15 rural transformation programme (RTP) projects worth RM5 million and funded by the Sarawak government will be implemented to improve the N14 Batu Kawah constituency.
According to a media statement by Sarawak United Peoples’ Party (SUPP) today, the 15 RTP projects will cover basic infrastructure improvement on roads, ditches, streetlights, leisure and green spaces, and community halls.
The projects will be carried out by the Padawan Municipal Council (MPP), the Department of Irrigation and Drainage (DID), and the Ministry of Utility.
For the past few years, SUPP emphasised that Deputy Premier and Batu Kawah assemblyman Dato Sri Dr Sim Kui Hian has been using his RTP funds to implement various development projects for the constituency.
This includes an ongoing project to give a facelift to the 30-year poor drainage system at Batu Kawah RPR housing estate, costing about RM500,000.
Noting that the residential area has existed for a long time and residents have had to endure the age-old and worn-out drains, Dr Sim had since 2016 started to make plans to solve the problem.
“The plans were carried out in phases with the upgrading of the drainage system at the front land now nearly completed.
“It solved the drainage issue and widened the front residential area to provide parking spaces.
“As for the back lane, the drainage system will also be fully upgraded in phases,” Dr Sim said in the statement while assuring that no area in Batu Kawah will be overlooked.
The 15 RTPs that will be implemented this year are listed below:
1. Upgrading graveyard road at Jalan Chong Jin Chong
2. New drainage system and road upgrade for Lorong Taman Sri Emas 8
3. New drainage system and road upgrade for Lorong Taman Sri Emas 5A
4. Upgrading a football field at RPR Lorong 12
5. Drainage reconstruction work at back lanes of Lorong 28A6C RPR
6. Drainage reconstruction work at back lanes of Lorong 28A6D and 28A6E RPR
7. Construction of new office for Balai Raya Stapok Resettlement Scheme
8. Installation of new and upgrading existing streetlights in Batu Kawah area Phase 3
9. New drainage system and road upgrade for Lorong Stapok Utama 8
10. Drainage upgrading works at Lorong SPS Stapok 3
11. Drainage reconstruction work at back lanes of RPR Batu Kawah Phase 4
12. Water pipeline upgrading at Kampong Tengah Sungai
13. New drainage system and road upgrade for Lorong Stapok Utama 14
14. Drainage upgrading works at Jalan Kangking
15. Drainage reconstruction works at the back lanes of Lorong 28A6E and 28A6F RPR