Restaurant catches fire

Bomba members putting out the fire from the kitchen side.

By Malcolm Lau

KUCHING, June 6 : A restaurant’s kitchen is the restaurant’s soul as all the food is prepared in it and it was unfortunate that a restaurant and its kitchen located at Jalan Datuk Tawi Sli here was consumed by fire on Saturday morning.

However no one was reported to be injured during the incident, for which the Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) was alerted at 7:53 am.

According to the Bomba report, the kitchen of the restaurant was fully razed by the fire while 50 per cent of the whole restaurant was burned.

Bomba members managed to forcefully open one of the entrances at the restaurant to put out the fire to prevent it from spreading further.

The operation ended around 10 am. –DayakDaily.

Share this article!