Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
SIBU, Mar 19: Police will leave no stone unturned in their hunt for suspects allegedly involved in the shooting incident at Paradom on March 15.
The first suspect, a 49-year-old man who had started a fight with the victim had been arrested the next day after the incident. The man had been remanded for seven days for investigation.
Sibu district police chief ACP Stanley Jonathan Ringgit said today that initially they were looking for another two suspects still on the run.
“Besides the two suspects, we are also looking for another one to assist us in our investigation,” he said, adding that all four are brothers.
The other three suspects were Tie Teck Ka, 47, Tie Teck Hing, 44, and Tie Teck Huat @ Kuley, 50.
“We are also getting assistance from other agencies to track them. All suspects are believed to be in hiding,” he added.
Meanwhile, he revealed that the 40-year-old victim was on the mend.
“His condition is stable after undergoing surgery to remove pellets and fragments from his body,” he said.
Stanley also appealed to the public to provide them with information on the whereabouts of the suspects.
In the 4.35pm incident on Sunday, the victim was fishing at the cafe in Paradom when the suspect attacked him. He then picked up a piece of wood and hit the suspect.
A friend of the suspect pulled him away and they fled. The suspect however came back with two brothers. One of them fired a shotgun at the victim.
Photos of the victim’s face which was riddled with pellet holes including his right shoulder had gone viral after the incident.—DayakDaily