KUCHING, Nov 8: Two occupants safely escaped after the living room of their house in Jalan Kapor here caught fire early this morning.
Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) Batu Lintang senior officer (PBK II) Awang Saifull Awang Nusi said after receiving the emergency call at 6.35am, a team of 10 men were rushed to the scene.
“Upon arrival, we found that the furniture in the living room was 20 per cent damaged due the fire and the flames had been successfully put out earlier by the homeowner,” he revealed in a press statement today.
Awang Saiful added that the firemen later use an auxiliary water system to ensure that the fire was completely extinguished with no possible source to reignite.
The cause of the fire and loss is still being investigate.— DayakDaily