Neighbours sound alarm after pot left to cook on stove

Firefighters had to break the lock in order to enter the house where a pot was left to cook unattended.

BINTULU, July 25: A pot left to cook unattended led alert neighbours to call for help last night.

According to Fire and Rescue department (Bomba) operations centre, concerned neighbours who saw smoke coming out of the house immediately contacted 999.

Upon receiving the emergency call at 9.37pm, 10 firefighters from Bintulu led by Stephent Plen rushed to the house at Jalan Tun Hussien Onn.

Since the house occupants were out, firefighters had to break the door lock in order to enter the house.

Upon successfully entering the house, firefighters found a charred pot which was left on the burning stove by the occupants.


As precautionary measures, firefighters switched off the gas valve and opened the windows for ventilation.

Although no firefighting operation was carried out, firefighters did a double check on the stove and gas to ensure that the fire will not recur.—DayakDaily