Naroden to cooperate with MACC on land grab allegations

Datuk Mohd Naroden Majais - file pic

KUCHING, Feb 15: Assistant Minister of Entrepreneur and Small, Medium Enterprise (SME) Development Datuk Mohd Naroden Majais has pledged to give his full cooperation to the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) in relation to allegations of land grab in Simunjan.

In a statement today, he said since the case had been reported to the MACC, he urged those involved to leave the investigation to the Commission.

“With regards to the subject matter of the court case, I cannot comment as it is still pending before the court; otherwise, it would be subjudice,” said Naroden, who is also Gedong assemblyman.

In December last year, villagers of Kampung Lubok Bunting in Simunjan lodged a land-grab report against Naroden at the MACC here.

On Feb 3 this year, retired journalist Joseph Tawie was arrested by the police over a Facebook posting on Naroden. Joseph was later released on police bail after his statement was taken.


The following day, he lodged a counter police report to defend his Facebook posting. Then on Feb 8, Joseph lodged a report with the MACC over alleged land grab in Simunjan by Naroden’s company. — DayakDaily