KUCHING, Nov 7: The Health Ministry (MoH) has been urged to ensure the MySejahtera error which resulted in users being randomly assigned a Home Surveillance Order (HSO) will not reoccur, causing unnecessary public unrest and anxiety.
Federation of Chinese Associations in Kuching, Samarahan and Serian Divisions (Youth section) treasurer Aaron Tay Kok Tung said he received numerous complaints from app users who have been placed under a 10-day HSO by the MySejahtera application.
He said some users also found their ‘Low Risk, No Symptoms’ status was changed to ‘Home Surveillance Order’ or ‘Person Under Surveillance’ (PUS).
“Although it was learnt that MySejahtera has acknowledged there was an error and all incorrect HSOs have been deleted, and incorrect PUS status reverted, it had also caused public panic and anger.
“Many were shocked and afraid to leave their homes or carry on what had been planned earlier today due to the system error.
“It also takes them for a while to wait for their status to revert to ‘Low Risk, No symptoms’,” he said in a press statement today.
Tay pointed out that some MySejahtera users had also received some fake short messaging services (SMS) and emails claiming the recipient has tested positive for Covid-19 as well as a one-time password (OTP) to register or verify their account last month, where people were worried about possibility of hackers accessing their MySejahtera account.
He added MoH should make every effort to ensure the MySejahtera is operating securely, as the application is one of the most important and highly-used mobile applications during the pandemic in Malaysia.
“Otherwise, people will lose confidence and no longer trust the notifications and information sent by the system.
“This will affect the effectiveness and efficiency in the process of curbing the spread of the Covid-19,” he added.
Following a glitch in the MySejahtera system earlier today, the team behind the app had said the problem has been fixed. — DayakDaily