
By DayakDaily Team
KUCHING, April 1: Tenaga Nasional Berhad’s (TNB) electricity tariff increase proposal does not apply to Sarawak, says State Utility and Telecommunications Minister Dato Sri Julaihi Narawi.
In a TVS report, he said this is because electricity and water supply in Sarawak are under the jurisdiction of the Sarawak government.
In relation to that, he added that the Sarawak government has no plans to increase the existing electricity tariff rates.
“However, maybe we can see how TNB will impose the new tariff rates and learn from them, but it has nothing to do with Sarawak.
“The tariff rates announced by TNB are only for Peninsular Malaysia,” he said.
He said this to reporters after performing Aidilfitri prayers with Kampung Sebangan residents in Sebuyau on March 31.
Previously, TNB had proposed to impose a higher base tariff for Peninsular Malaysia from 2025 to 2027, starting in July. — DayakDaily