Man injured in Taman Ceria fire in Miri

The fire consumed a mattress and damaged the room.

By Tedong Rantayy

MIRI, April 3: A 29-year-old man narrowly escaped a fire that broke out in a room, sustaining burns to his face and hand in the process.

The incident happened at a quadruplex flat unit in Taman Ceria, Permyjaya, Lorong 8 this morning (April 3).

Despite the chaos, the man managed to escort an elderly woman to safety.

A team of firefighters from Lutong Fire and Rescue station led by its chief PBT II Henry Jugah, was deployed to the scene upon receiving an alert on the incident at 10.10am.

The operation ended at 11.26am.

According to Henry, both victims were taken to Miri Hospital for further action.

“The fire incident consumed a mattress and damaged the room structure. The initial spark quickly ignited the mattress, sending flames licking at the surrounding room structure,” Henry said.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined. Investigations are underway. — DayakDaily