Man injured in stove explosion

The stove exploded, injuring the victim.

By Malcolm Lau

KUCHING, July 27: A 32-year-old man suffered burn injuries on his body after a stove in the kitchen of a house exploded at Synergy Square, Jalan Matang here on Monday morning.

Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) was contacted at 10.29 am and a team was deployed to the scene immediately.

According to a statement from the State Bomba Operation Centre, there was no fire spotted upon reaching the scene. The firefighters spotted the injured victim and immediate treatment was given to him.

The victim suffered 60 per cent of burn injuries from his head to waist and was later rushed to the Sarawak General Hospital for immediate treatment.-DayakDaily