Kota Samarahan man learns smoking and petrol do not mix

The man suffered burns to his foot after a fire started as he was filling a bottle with petrol while smoking.

By Malcolm Lau

KUCHING, June 2: A man suffered burns to his foot after he inadvertently started a fire as he was filling a bottle with petrol while smoking at Kampung Empila, Jalan Menarek, Kota Samarahan around noon today.

The incident was reported at 12:06 PM and Fire and Rescue department was contacted.

According to a Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) report, the incident which was reported at 12.06pm also set a cushioned wooden chair on fire.

Villagers managed to put out the fire before firefighters arrived at the scene.


The injured victim was later sent to a hospital for further treatment. The firefighters returned to their station after making sure the surroundings were safe. — DayakDaily